1.06.2014

Angelie The Optimistic Oddball and The Letter from HR

Warning: This is a Work-related rant so You have the option to read this one or not.

I have been issued a letter from HR due to the excessive tardiness that I have incurred in the past months. I was given a chance to defend myself but I didn't do it.

Why would I tell them that I only incurred minutes of tardiness and not hours? Why should I tell them that it's due to the heavy traffic that I always encounter in going to the office even thou I always leave my place 2 hours before the office hours?

I do not want to make excuses as my Operations Manager had done to me while explaining my part. He kept telling me that I should adjust my body clock [which I am doing even thou it's hard], that I should transfer somewhere near the office [Hell no! As if he will pay for the rent], that I should buy a car [I didn't go for the last option, why should I go for this one too?].

I kept my silence because I know that I have faults in those one-minute-two-minutes tardiness. I should have not taken this route, I should not have walked this way, I should not have done this job late at night so that I could sleep earlier and wake up earlier too.

I kept my silence. Until now.

Upon reading the letter, it says that if once happened again, chances are I might be terminated. Wow, just due to tardiness one can lose her job. Great, just great.

My heart says 'I want to go to the nearest rest room and cry in one of the cubicles there'. Just letting it all out. But at the back of my mind I keep telling to myself this: that everything will be just fine and that I should perform better so that they will not let me go.

Just as what I have posted in my FB profile minutes ago, I am really such an optimistic oddball. Being able to enjoy the puddle while some are pushing me down in the mud is a rare characteristic. And I don't know if I should be happy with it or not. Hahaha

Oh well, whatever they throw at me I will definitely be able to catch it, if not doge it. Unless they start throwing me animal poops.