5.28.2012

26. 30. 11.

No, those numbers are not dates, nor even some mystical, lucky numbers that I should bet on the lottery.

Those numbers represent what happened to me the previous days. Let me state them one-by-one.

26
This number represents the hours of stay I just had in the office. My work is a graveyard-shift one, thus making me go to work at around 9 in the evening and then go out after 9 hours, breaktime inclusive. What happened during my Friday night shift was that we had a call-in conference from someone [1 hour], the color-coded group count that was related to our Mobilympics in a week-time, and the endless interruptions I had that time.

Honestly speaking, I have lots of pending work-related stuff that night so I decided to focus on it and expect to go overtime for about 2 hours the most. I didn't expect that the overtime will stretch to 26 hours more!

What my pendings were? Billings to HC, Host Confirmations [a lot in fact], and the Check Coding. All these process are IBM-related processes so many might not familiar with them. I did the check coding first, then a little host confirmations [for those that I can "solve"], and then proceeded with the billings. Man, it was tough!

And since I was new, I have never-ending questions and asking guidance to my peers. Good thing they are accommodating to me and are good at teaching me. So far I get their instructions in the first try! And yes, they expect me to ask them lots of Qs and that it will take me hours to finish them.


30
This was the hours I am awake, since I arrive at the office few minutes late only. I woke up Friday night minutes before 7, prepared to work at 7.30, then got off to work around 8.15 pm. My place was more or less than an hour away to Eastwood so it's pretty much near. Somehow.

After work I went to my place in Bulacan with Okaasan [mom]. The travel time took 30 mins. only from Balintawak to Pulilan and then some 15 minutes till our subdivision. I slept at 1.00 am exact, thus ending my day.


11
This is supposed to be 12 but since I just had this number of hours asleep, so be it.

I tweeted yesterday that what I want as of the moment include a 12-hour long sleep. My sleep was long but not enough for me to be satisfied that fully. Haha!

In order to somehow fill-in the lacking one-hour sleep, I took my afternoon nap for 2 good hours! And after that, I am rejuvenated. You could see it 'coz I was able to blog.


Lesson
Of course, there should be some lessons, or just even realization as to what happened to me. Because of the workload that I have, I wasn't able to attend the Rushers' Month-end EB and also the Komikon in Bayanihan Center.

I don't want work to hinder my social life that much again! If I have to go overtime on regular days without any social activities the next day then so be it. As long as my outside-work events won't suffer from being in the office all the time.

Also, I must learn how to focus more on the work. Less net, more excel. Less tweets, more checks. Less FB surfing, host confirmation information sending.

Last but not the least, bring some pair of undies and a set of clothes to work. Also some toiletries. In order to freshen up oneself since we're allowed to somehow sleep in the quiet room for some time as our break.


I hope this won't repeat again. I don't want this to happen in the next future. Oh please!